Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day Ending At The Uptown Diner

My family members are good sports about letting me sketch things and while they say don't rush I'm not comfortable making them wait for me. It's good for making me draw quickly but I tend to get a little less detail sometimes than I would have preferred.

I was at Utrecht getting some supplies and spotted this interesting view of the Basilica of Saint Mary behind some other buildings in the alley. I liked the contrast of a very ornate, beautiful building tucked behind plain, serviceable space.







We then went to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden where I did a sketch of the Spoonbridge and Cherry.


We finished with a trip to the Uptown Diner where I had an excellent club sandwich with a ridiculous amount of hash browns. I managed to eat about half of the hash browns and brought most of the sandwich home. The potatoes never saw a take out container since I had my husband along and well, they are hash browns.

The man in the diner had such interesting hair and a long graceful neck that he required a sketch while we were waiting for the food. I've noticed that even when you try to be subtle, people know when you look at them and looking at them more than once can certainly speed up their dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment